A message from Georgia Love: It’s so hard to know what to say in this instance. What I’d originally thought I’d be posting today was a gushy message all about love, butterflies, fireworks and just how happy Lee makes me every day and how lucky I feel to have found the love of my life through this crazy experience. And while all of this couldn’t be more true, it’s not the most important thing to say right now. What should be one of the most exciting weeks of my life has instead turned into one of the hardest with my family going through something no one ever wants to face. But a small solace I can find in this extremely difficult time is that I have this amazing man by my side and for that I feel so lucky. He’s been so incredibly supportive and loving and managed to make me smile and laugh every day despite everything else. Thank you to everyone who’s supported us and followed my story. The messages of love and support have been overwhelming and so so humbling. Thank you thank you, from the bottom of my heart ❤️
I got her outside! She went off road today, handled well, struggled a bit on the inclines, but never lost traction. Four stars.
Thanks Con, I know it wasn't easy. You're a bit of a champion, but keep it to yourself. I'll do you a deal? If you pretend I'm a good brother, I'll pretend I didn't notice the fart you dropped as I was helping you back up the stairs. Ok?
I am humbled to receive an Australia Day honour this year. I just wanted to say thank you to whoever decides these things, those who have worked with me over the last forty odd years, my fans and all those people out there doing great community work, helping those in need.
I just woke up from a dream that we opened Queens cafes in every state and they were the most kid friendly cafes on earth and they had a 'pay what you can afford' policy. Some Queens paid extra and some paid nothing. So nobody ever had an excuse to not leave the house and meet their village again.
1. It's not an apology if you try to include a vague threat of legal action, especially when it's obvious you have no understanding of the law.
2. You have no legal recourse at all when someone reposts a comment you made publicly in which you expressed the desire to see someone else "take a dump" in that person's mouth. You're only sorry now because you've been forced to account for your actions.
3. You don't "love women". You love women who pretend your sexist bullshit is funny and reinforce your belief that you're better than them. That's very different, and it's further evidenced in your support for "equal rights for good people". Good people? I guess that doesn't include you then.
4. If you think talking about taking a dump in someone's mouth is "simply being funny", then you have a terrible sense of humour.
5. You are boohooing now because you've been exposed as a gross, aggressive, sexist arsehole. You are clearly not used to women fighting back. Well, you better get used to it son. You don't come to my territory and make the rules. I'm the fucking sheriff here.
6. I will delete nothing. If you're not prepared to own up to the words you write and the things you say, you should think twice before you write or say them.
7. I don't think your mother or girlfriend should be bombarded with comments. It's not their fault you're a sexist buffoon with an overwhelming fear of women who don't pander to your false sense of superiority. However, I'm glad they've seen that you are because one day it could be them who some pathetic barfbag of another small man targets for comments like this. And if that happens, at least they'll know it'll be a waste of time turning to you for help because hey - you think that sort of thing is "funny".
8. When you say "I did not mean it to be taken as sexist," you're suggesting the fault is mine for being oversensitive and immune to the amazing edges of your comedy. But you don't get to tell me what I should and shouldn't find funny. Besides I didn't take it as sexist. I took it as evidence that you think women you don't like deserve to be degraded and humiliated in disgusting, violent ways while you laugh about it. That's straight up misogyny, which is much worse than the basic sexism which you also undoubtedly display every day of your sad, weeny life.
9. If you ever find yourself starting an email with the sentence, "I am the lad who made the comment towards you about taking a dump into mouth," then you really need to take a long, hard look at yourself the mirror and assess why you're such a massive loser.
10. It's good you don't expect an apology, because I don't owe you shit. Fuck off forever and then fuck off again.
Flying tonight and I had my unusual tension, people were staring at Rumi's tantrums. One women was requesting to be moved.. Not feeling amazing.. along came this crew. They couldn't speak a word of English but these Chinese goddesses were head over heals with my screaming monsters, they sat with us, they hugged the kids, they shared their half eaten ice creams with them and lo and behold the rest of the plane promptly changed their attitudes too. Kindness breeds kindness. The Chinese Queenhood represents 👊🏼👑
Today, I can finally share with you, the cover of my book; Working Class Boy.
The time I have spent writing this book has caused me a lot of pain. Sometimes because of what I have remembered about my childhood and sometimes because of what I couldn't remember. It is funny how your mind blocks things out when those things can hurt you. There are a lot of things I wish I didn't remember ...
Find out more here: http://www.harpercollins.com.au/workingclassboy/