Malcolm Turnbull has turned a blind eye to misappropriation and theft of taxpayers’ money, by reinstating taxpayer funding for three Islamic schools.
As I understand, no criminal charges have been laid and no money has been asked to be repaid. Judge for yourselves!
Earlier this month, Australia’s largest Muslim School lost their appeal to have $19 million in Federal Government grants reinstated, yet yesterday Education Minister Simon Birmingham backflipped.
The decision means the Islamic College of Brisbane, Langford Islamic College in Perth and the Islamic College of Melbourne will continue receiving funding under the Education Act, while a decision in relation to the Islamic College of South Australia will be made in the coming weeks.
Why is it that Simon Birmingham is reluctant to inform the public how this investigation came about in the first place?
Here’s just a couple of facts:
• Federal and State funding is paid to schools based on the number of students, usually paid at the beginning of the year.
• Greenacre is situated in South West Sydney and is not accredited, therefore not entitled to funding.
• Both Hoxton Park and Beaumont Hills schools that should be separate entities have been working under Greenacre. If Greenacre closes so will Hoxton Park and Beaumont.
• AFIC, Australian Federation of Islamic Councils, buys the land to build the schools and then charges the school rent.
• Allegedly, around $4 million dollars was paid to AFIC for rent, but receipts show only approx. $900,000 was paid. Rent was paid 5 years in advance so more land could be purchased.
• It is noted that the Greenacre board of Directors are the same as those on the AFIC board of Directors, which clearly contravenes the rules of government grants.
• Since January 2005 till today, approximately $163 million dollars has been paid in Commonwealth grants and also collecting millions from State government grants.
• Apart from the $163 million dollars, the Commonwealth has handed over $16 million dollars in GST. The state government has also handed over a considerable sum in GST. Because the schools are a religious organisation and registered as a charity, they are not obliged to pay GST. Therefore the GST component has been pocketed. Both the state and commonwealth governments have misappropriated millions of taxpayers’ dollars through mismanagement and lack of investigation.
• The Government has asked that the $19 million be paid back, but MFIS is now calling this racism.
• Mr Barrett now a principal at a Brisbane school, was also the principal at Greenacres.
Simon Birmingham said, “The review does look very closely at the governance structures of the school, whether the school board or at least the board of the approved authority to receive the funds is independent from any other entity, and there are concerns about that. It equally has a very close look at matters in relation to how the funds are used and whether those funds are used exclusively for the school and again, there are concerns that exist in those areas”.
This makes me sick to my stomach to think we fund organisations that cheat and misappropriate monies, not only for personal reasons, but to further their cause that in turn will bring mayhem on our streets. The Turnbull government couldn’t find $10 million dollars to keep the Queensland Nickel Refinery operating and 700 people employed. With over 500,000 Muslims compared to 700 workers, we know where the bigger vote lies.
With approximately $10 million dollars collected from Halal certification in Australia, how much goes to fund Islamic schools, mosques and charities?
Some day someone's gonna tell you that your tummies too big. But your eyes aren't big enough. That your thighs are too thick, but your hair isn't thick enough. That your nose is too big, but your boobs aren't big enough. That your lips are too thin, but your arms aren't thin enough.
To be a vixen in bed, but with only a few men. To be funny but not loud. To be smart but don't dare have a diverse opinion. To be political but not powerful or powerful but not political. To love food but stay small.
They will tell you that petite is best, cute is best. It's non offensive and take up minimum room, they will want you to believe that you don't need much room or a strong opinion or a twisted sense of humour with a liberated sex drive and a round tummy with a flat chest. They will gently nudge you into the "girl next door"
But you won't fall for it..
You don't belong in a box labelled "women"
You're gonna be whoever the fuck you wanna be, whoever the fuck you were born to be. Whoever the fuck feels right regardless of whatever whoever thinks of you.
Today would have been McGrath Foundation co-founder Jane McGrath’s 50th birthday. Every day we are reminded of her humble, inspiring and fun personality through her amazing legacy of the McGrath Foundation, where we continue working towards Jane’s vision of ensuring every family across Australia has access to a dedicated breast care nurse. Our 110 McGrath Breast Care Nurses – pink ‘angels’ as Jane called them - have been a source of knowledge, care, comfort and support for more than 44,000 families to date. Happy Birthday to you, Jane, and a huge thank you to the Australian community who have helped her enduring legacy continue to improve the lives of families experiencing breast cancer. Together, we can make a difference.
Today marks 100 days since the election, and despite Malcolm Turnbull promising that he'd learnt his lesson on Medicare, today he voted against Labor's motion to keep Medicare in public hands and reverse his cuts.
This. Is. EPIC :O Meanwhile in Australia, we're catching fish from our balconies! Watch as this man hooks a fish from his second storey balcony while stranded by flood waters at Narrabeen in Sydney's north | VIDEO: Clare Smith